Community Mortgage Lending Program
TruStone Home Mortgage is excited to offer a mortgage program that makes it easier for people who work in community-strengthening professions to buy a home. With the Community Mortgage Lending Program, those in Community Experts professions (CPAs, architects, actuaries and more) and Community Heroes professions (firefighters, teachers, police officers and more) may be able to purchase a home with little to no down payment.
Read on for details on general guidelines for this loan*.
Transaction Type: Purchase
Property Type: 1-unit, detached, attached, or condos
LTV up to: 97.01% to 100% for Community Experts, 97.01%-99% for Community Heroes
Max Loan Amount: $453,100
Minimum Credit Score: 740
Max DTI: 41%
- All buyers must occupy the property.
- No other real estate may be owned by the buyer(s) at time of closing, including property retained for pending sale at a later date, regardless of equity in the current residence.
least one buyer on the loan must be currently employed at their full-time
position in one of the following eligible occupations:
Experts professions: Certified Public Accountants (CPAs), Chartered Financial
Analysts (CFAs), Ph.D.s, Architects, Certified Mortgage Bankers (CMBs) and
Actuaries with the following designations:
- Associate of the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS).
- Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS).
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA).
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSAs).
- Member of the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA).
- Member, Society of Pension Actuaries (MSPA).
- Fellow, Society of Pension Actuaries (FSPA).
- Community Experts professions: Certified Public Accountants (CPAs), Chartered Financial Analysts (CFAs), Ph.D.s, Architects, Certified Mortgage Bankers (CMBs) and Actuaries with the following designations:
- Community Heroes professions: Teachers, Firefighters, Police Officers, Nurses, Emergency Medical Technicians (EMTs), Paramedics, and active or former military personnel.
- Employment documentation or other acceptable documentation is required verifying the buyer’s position. For example, the buyer’s position/designation may be identified in the paystub or VOE. If not identified on these documents, then copies of diplomas, certifications, licenses, etc. should be obtained.
- Employment and/or income starting post-close is ineligible.
- Student loan debt will be included in the total monthly obligations for qualifying purposes.
- Each buyer must have a valid credit score. A credit score is considered valid when a buyer has a minimum of three trade lines, each evaluated a minimum of 12 months, or two trade lines, each evaluated a minimum of 24 months. Trade lines may be open or closed.
- A minimum of two credit scores are required for each buyer.
- All bankruptcies, foreclosures, deed-in-lieu of foreclosures and short sales require 7 years’ seasoning.
- No judgments or charge-off accounts within the last 7 years.
Assets/Minimum Member Contribution
- No minimum member contribution required. Down payment may be satisfied by a gift/grant from an eligible donor.
- Gift/Grants allowed for a down payment, closing costs and reserves. If any funds are secured by a recorded mortgage, they are considered subordinate financing and are ineligible.
- Maximum 3% interested-party contributions (IPCs) are allowed toward eligible closing costs, not to exceed actual costs.
- IPCs, lender credits, gifts/grants and/or employer assistance cannot exceed cash required to close (no cash back to the member).
- IPCs and lender credits cannot satisfy the down payment requirement.
- Minimum 2 months’ reserves required.
- Subordinate financing (including Community Seconds® and Affordable Seconds®).
- Non-occupying co-borrowers.
- Non-permanent resident aliens.
- Construction-to-permanent loans and renovation loans.
- Second homes or investment properties.
- 2-4 units, manufactured housing and co-ops.
For more information on this loan program, please reach out to your mortgage consultant.
This landing page is a business-to-business communication that is intended for licensed real estate professionals only and is not intended to be distributed to the consumer or general public.
*Guidelines provided to industry professionals as a general resource. All loans subject to full underwriting approval and complete program guidelines. TruStone Financial membership required.